I’ve drawn a few creepy twisty Odos before, but I really wanted to explore what it might’ve been like in the show aand I wanted to draw more Odo being twisty. So this little comic sprung out of that!
This was a fun exercise and I learned a lot while putting it together. Like how much I love drawing Quark.
I love this for a lot of reasons but most of all for
1. odo being explicitly terrifying in the way that was mostly only ever implicit on the show, and
2. the moment in there where Odo delivers his standby line to Quark, “you’re capable of anything”, *as he horrifyingly twists himself into any shape he desires*
which is perfect because it would never occur to odo to see things any way other than that, which is just a perfect illustration of the inherent contradiction of the changelings being creatures of chaos with an innate craving for and devotion to order
Reblogging for fandom relevance…
DreamWorks Animation Studios has announced the addition of a black female heroine (gasp!) to its repertoire of white dogs, green ogres, snails, Neanderthals, pandas, white people and Antz. In doing so, it joins an elite club consisting of … well, nobody.
Not one major Hollywood studio has released a 3D animated feature starring a black character.
SHES VOICED BY RIHANNA
So this happened on facebook today….
Oregon’s Monster Mushroom is World’s Biggest Living Thing
The largest living organism ever found has been discovered in an ancient American forest.
The Armillaria ostoyae, popularly known as the honey mushroom, started from a single spore too small to see without a microscope. It has been spreading its black shoestring filaments, called rhizomorphs, through the forest for an estimated 2,400 years, killing trees as it grows. It now covers 2,200 acres (880 hectares) of the Malheur National Forest, in eastern Oregon.
The outline of the giant fungus stretches 3.5 miles (5.6 kilometres) across, and it extends an average of three feet (one metre) into the ground. It covers an area as big as 1,665 football fields.
Any of you lovely fellow Oregonians wanna take a day trip?
While this is fascinating, I need to point out that that picture above is not actually an image of the giant mushroom.
Mushrooms spread by growing underground, with a huge network of mycelium, which are thread-like fibers. That’s actually the bulk of any fungal organism, including mushrooms.
While in Oregon there IS the largest mushroom in the world, you can’t see most of it. It’s underground. Instead, what you see is a few clusters of small mushrooms, here and there, that are all actually part of the same organism.
I’d say the picture above is a neat photoshop or some sort of statue. I want to climb it. :3
If you loved:
Maybe you should try one of these!
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- Matched by Ally Condie
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- Wither by Lauren DeStefano
- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
- The Host by Stephanie Meyer
- Unwind by Neal Shusterman
- Legend by Marie Lu
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Feed by M. T. Anderson
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- Gone by Michael Grant
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
- The City of Ember by Jeannie DuPrau
- For the Win by Cory Doctorow
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- Heir Apparent by Vivan Vande Velde
- V for Vendetta by Alan Moore
- Attack on Titan by Hajime Isayama
- X-Men: Days of Future Past by Chris Claremont and John Byrne
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Magaret Atwood
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
”This is my favorite photo in the world - me and Linus, born to a dairy cow and ordered to be killed when the farmer saw he was a male (and thus useless in the dairy industry). A compassionate individual intervened, and he was brought to a sanctuary. I met him when he was a few days old and 60 pounds, and he would always try to sit on my lap. Today, 7 years young and 1500 pounds, he still tries to sit on my lap.”
- Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
THIS IS ALSO MY FAVOURITE PHOTO IN THE WORLD!!!!
This is so cute :,)